Particle Effect not visible

Hi all,

I have spent too much time trying to figure this out now and I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

I created a particle effect which is basically a muzzle flash when the player fires, and this works perfectly, I can see the flash whenever I fire… so I then wanted to create a similar effect when one of the enemy projectiles hit the player.
I used the same effect, just changed the color and the direction.

The initiate script appears to work as it should; I can see in the hierarchy that the effect does initiate when the player is hit, though I cannot see the effect at all… the only thing that I imagined could be the issue would be the Z position of where it initiates, but if I compare it to the muzzle flash effect, it is correct. So why can I see the “Muzzle Flash”, but not the “Projectile Hit”? - Note that I created the “Projectile Hit” effect by duplicating the “Muzzle Flash”, so there is no difference between them in the inspector.

1 Like

Never mind… it seems that the effect was just a lot smaller than I thought. I increased the size and changed the color and can see it now. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms