Painted character

Some challenges with following the course for making an orc, but making a medieval-ish man, someone who could “stride” through middle earth with the Hobitses.

I might have made the eyes too shiny.

The hands (though a bit mis-proportioned) seemed to not look as bad as they were made, with a few lines scrawled on the fingers and palms rather than anything detailed. The orc fists would definitely have been easier. Note the fingers aren’t exactly separate, just creases between them.

Something still looks off with the gaze. Like he’s a bit surprised. I guess the lids didn’t cover enough. And the face looks a bit flat, despite attempts to shade it unevenly.

I painted and enhanced the scar on the face, but forgot the one on the arm so it looks more like a dent!

Note I deleted a lot of back-facing triangles. e.g. the vest is a bit hollow. But the man is fully there (not THAT fully there, more like a Ken doll) under clothing in case I decided to change the clothing.

Now, to try to animate it…

4 Likes

If you used the solidify modifier to make a copy of the body for clothing, you have an option to hide backfaces in the modifier.

3 Likes

Some cleanup done, and adjusting lighting:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms