Our games added to our profile

I’ve added this field now, take a look and close if you’re happy.

Can’t see it @Ben? I am on my mobile at the moment. Where would we see it, under the amend profile presumably?

I found the cause, it wasn’t “editable after sign-up”. I’ve changed that now, the field is called “Portfolio”. Work now?

I can see it now yes, thanks… minor thing, but the example text appears on the member’s profile too…

Updated Fri Dec 30 2016 23:02

Its also not a clickable link… not on mobile at least…?

Any control over position? After the www would be good.

Sorry about the delay to answer,

Thank you for adding it teacher!!
Hey, it seems that it`s still not clickable, do you think that you can make it a link?

Thanks guys, firstly full disclosure I may have deleted all current entries by toggling to a checkbox field :unamused:

There is no option on the user’s custom fields for a clickable link, although I think this is a good idea. @discourse can you take this as a suggestion?

Screenshot below…

2 Likes

No worries on my part as I had only tested it with a Google link, I dont expect it was widely used yet anyway.

Updated Tue Jan 03 2017 16:53

@ben, if Discourse are unable to, maybe @sampattuzzi can with a little javascript and css…

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/165082/insert-a-link-using-css

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t understand – what are you asking for?

1 Like

We would like to be able to add a text field which appears on a users profile, but rather than being only text, we would like it to be a hyperlink to the text they enter, e.g a URL :slight_smile:

Or more succinctly… a URL field type for User Fields :slight_smile:

Can’t you simply use a regular text field and prompt the user to add a URL,
e.g. “your website:”

Yes, but when it is displayed on the profile the text isnt clickable, so it doesn’t work.

It would be nice to have the same behaviour as the www profile field.

I agree, I think we need a “clickable link” field type here.

2 Likes

I posted on Discourse regarding this and was given what looks to be a really useful link with instructions on how to do this with a plugin and some css…

1 Like

I think the above, with a little work, would allow us to enable icons for various social media also, so we could have a Twitter icon, a Facebook icon, all wired up with the relevant URL provided by the member when registering/updating their profile. Additionally, we could have a little game controller icon or something which could be wired to a single portfolio URL. Potentially this might need a bit of expanding as you may want to be able to link to more than one portfolio (games / 3D work etc)… just thoughts…

@Ben / @sampattuzzi - how can we go about testing / implementing this, appreciating you are busy with course creation, but at the same time you are the only ones who can, obviously, update the custom content (stylesheets / plugins). Would be happy to try to put something together and paste it up for you to then pop in (as with the Updated Timestamp) but that’s a bit clunky when it comes to trying / testing as it relies heavily on your availability. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Another nice idea @rob, thanks. We’ll discuss it mid next week.

2 Likes

No worries.

I can’t see that we have enough control to do this unless we self-host, which we’re trying to avoid. @sampattuzzi can you see a way?

Check out my profile to see how a linked version can look. We can change this pretty much any way we like but for now I would say it seems okay. You should get the same on your own profiles too.

2 Likes

@sampattuzzi profile has a proper click able url now. Works from android mobile anyway.

1 Like

Works for me to, thanks again @Rob for the suggestion. Setting to auto-close.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms