Our games added to our profile

I agree, I think we need a “clickable link” field type here.

2 Likes

I posted on Discourse regarding this and was given what looks to be a really useful link with instructions on how to do this with a plugin and some css…

1 Like

I think the above, with a little work, would allow us to enable icons for various social media also, so we could have a Twitter icon, a Facebook icon, all wired up with the relevant URL provided by the member when registering/updating their profile. Additionally, we could have a little game controller icon or something which could be wired to a single portfolio URL. Potentially this might need a bit of expanding as you may want to be able to link to more than one portfolio (games / 3D work etc)… just thoughts…

@Ben / @sampattuzzi - how can we go about testing / implementing this, appreciating you are busy with course creation, but at the same time you are the only ones who can, obviously, update the custom content (stylesheets / plugins). Would be happy to try to put something together and paste it up for you to then pop in (as with the Updated Timestamp) but that’s a bit clunky when it comes to trying / testing as it relies heavily on your availability. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Another nice idea @rob, thanks. We’ll discuss it mid next week.

2 Likes

No worries.

I can’t see that we have enough control to do this unless we self-host, which we’re trying to avoid. @sampattuzzi can you see a way?

Check out my profile to see how a linked version can look. We can change this pretty much any way we like but for now I would say it seems okay. You should get the same on your own profiles too.

2 Likes

@sampattuzzi profile has a proper click able url now. Works from android mobile anyway.

1 Like

Works for me to, thanks again @Rob for the suggestion. Setting to auto-close.

1 Like

Seems good enough :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms