Only half complete with Beginner Course, but want to do RPG Course?

I am only 44% complete with this whole course, but I am wondering if continuing with Realm Rush and beyond is going to be all that helpful to me if I want to segue straight into the RPG courses. I like Realm Rush; it seems to be based on one of my all-time favorite pc games AOE, but I have a rpg itch and the only prescription is an rpg course. Is there anything that I should be comfortable with before journeying into said course?

P.S. I would just keep going to 100% completion, but I am rather inpatient at the moment. Sorry…but not really.

Welcome to the community!

You can do both at the same time, just keep in mind that the RPG courses are for intermediate coders, they are not beginner friendly, perhaps the first part is, but the others not so much. But the question rises, Which are the requirements to do an intermediate level course? Well, I’m not 100% sure, but you should be comfortable writing code on your own and using Unity.

As to what kind of benefit there is to continue with the course, well, that section of the course will teach you about things like path finding, generic C# clases, and more. One thing I learn about taking courses is that it doesn’t truly matter how good you think you are, you’ll always learn at least one new thing, it will also teach you about other type of game genres, which is always great to know.

Hi Finn,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

I second Yee’s opinion. Since everybody is an individual learner, there is no way to tell how you’ll perceive the RPG course. Maybe you’ll find it too challenging (for now), maybe you’ll find it easy to follow. However, if you stick with the problems and do research yourself, you’ll be able to learn basically everything you want.

If you feel comfortable with Unity and writing code, start with the RPG course. If you realise that it is still too difficult, go back to the Unity 3D course and complete it. Decide for yourself what is best for your learning journey. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms