OnComponentBeginOverlap not doing anything

I am using UE5 and get no error while compiling. But when walking through the Trigger Volume nothing happens. Generate Overlap Events is true for pawn and PlatformTrigger.
I use the following signature:

Blockquote
void APlatformTrigger::OnBeginOverlap(UPrimitiveComponent* OverlappedComponent, AActor* OtherActor, UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, int32 OtherBodyIndex, bool bFromSweep, const FHitResult& SweepResult)
Blockquote

I also don’t know how to get the signature for OnComponentEndOverlap.
Many thanks in advance!

check your overlap settings. Make sure the object you want to overlap or collide with is set in your collision profile. If its set to ignore it will not fire any events.

also if you’re using visual studio you can F12 to the signatures. Just select OnComponentBeginOverlap and tap f12. It will take you to where it is declared as a varaible once there select the FOnComponentBeginOverlap and tap F12 again. That will take you to where the Delegate is being declared and you can get the signature.

when you copy it over. The type and names will be comma separated so you will have to delete some. Also you don’t have to take that first param that’s just going to be the type name of the delegate.

Good advice Phillip. F12 only works if you install the Debug symbols so make sure you install them.

I suggest you ensure you have everything set up correctly.

• Check the volume is set correctly
  • check your method signatures are set correctly
  • ensure the collision is added correctly
  • Compare any C++ with the end of lecture code.

Unfortunately, looking at the blueprint and component settings is a manual effort. There’s a good chance something is missing there.

Go through these steps - be very systematic about it and deal with one at a time so you are 100% sure there are no corrections needed. Let me know how you get on.

Privacy & Terms