Oh thank god we finally did something other than look at boxes!

I’m mostly just venting here but…
I’m torn between my enjoyment of GDTV as a whole, and my absolute hatred this section. Thank god we finally moved something. i haven’t been this bored maybe ever in my life( that isn’t a figure of speech i spent time thinking about it while being bored doing the course). The gui stuff should have been a package with an option to skip, it was hours of nothing new. it comes on the back of some serious boredom fatigue where we spent like 5 hours drawing lines to boxes. it took 10 before we even clicked anything other than UI in the game screen.

if this section of the course was a person it would be a kid who told everyone he was going to play an accountant while everyone else was playing cops and robbers.

The most important lesson it has taught me is that somehow UI is actually where fun goes to die in the world of design. i didn’t see that coming.

There is a man, who really hates UI :).

I guess it’s not like first part when you learn to swing a sword. However you can find enjoyment nevertheless. I take enjoyment from learning new stuff. UI, for example, is a reccuring topic in every course, but GDEV make it so in every course there is something new told. This section in particular showed Layout groups in great detail. Layout groups which I knew about, and I thought I understood them, but really didn’t.

Privacy & Terms