Obstacle course - Antarctica Game - Questions

Hello Unity Community,

These questions might be answered later in the course, but maybe someone can help me. Otherwise, I can move on and fix these bugs later.
I made 2 assets in Blender (Penguin and Seal) for the obstacle course. Had trouble making the penguin go the right direction with the Input Values. Eventually, I inverted the input axes to make it work and rotated the plane. Is there a way to change the global orientation on an imported asset?

Also the seals don’t turn red as they get hit (the tag Does change to “hit” when I hit them though). I changed the material to the seal coat material but in theory it should change to red once it’s hit, right? It doesn’t. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Good job on creating your own assets. The penguin looks really cute. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to change the global orientation on an imported asset?

From what I know, there is no option in Unity but you can modify your Blender model in Blender before you export it.

An alternative solution, or rather a workaround, would be to make the penguin mesh a child of a new game object. Instead of moving the penguin itself, you would move the parent. The child automatically moves relative to its parent. This way, you could safely rotate the child according to your needs relative to the parent.

Did this help you fix the problem? :slight_smile:

See also:

That’s right, a good idea to make the penguin a child of another unity object. :slight_smile: I will try that. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms