Objects and platforms resetting their values after restarting - Solution

Hi!

I noticed that there was an Issue with Objects variable values resetting to defaults after restarting the Editor. In this post in the Community, Sam’s solution was to build the code with the editor closed, something similar to what I found in UE’s community, that states that header files and cpp files should be modified with the editor closed. This is a real pain in the behind, since it’s a lot of time lost closing and reopening the Editor.

I believe I have found a solution, to this. The problem seems to be related to Hot Reload and Live Coding. I Disabled both in my Editor, and build the project from VS Code, and since then, I restarted the project twice and data has been left in place, even after modifying code with the editor open.

It would be great if someone can double check this behaviour, so this can be added as a not or something in the course.

Cheers

What course are you taking? This is already in the Unreal C++ course in the lecture titled “Live Coding Issues”.

Though I should note you don’t need to do that every time you compile, you would only need to do that if you used Live Coding that session and before you reopen the project. So you would probably want to do that and the end of a session.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms