Number Wizard Build Succeeded but won't open

I followed the instructions as best as I could, however when it came time to build and run, even if the console tells me that the build was succesfull, a window tries to open with the unity logo loading something and a “notification” mark on the logo and then nothing ends up opening at all. I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

Let me show you guys:

Here you can see my build settings, I don’t think I’ve done or pressed anything wrong.

I make a brand new folder to save the build (my computer is in spanish however it should still be quite obvious)

Here you can see that even if the console tells me the build succeeded, that unity loading screen is the only thing that pops up and then immediately closes and nothing happens.

Can anyone see my mistake? or anyone had this problem? I have the nagging feeling that it’s something so simple yet I can’t seem to find what’s wrong.

Also I am sorry for any spelling or gramatical mistakes, english is not my first language.

EDIT: I changed the images as I noticed they were too small to actually read anything.

Hi @Camileytor2008,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Here are a few suggestions. Maybe one of them helps you fix the issue.

1. Save your build on your harddrive but not inside your project folder, on your Desktop or in a cloud.
  2. Use English characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9) only for your file and folder names.
  3. Remove all scenes from the Build Settings list and readd them.
  4. Make sure that neither your firewall nor your antivirus program block Unity.
  5. Run Unity with administrator rights.
  6. Update Unity to a newer stable version.

Did any of these help?

See also:

After trying each one of those separately and even some together at the same time, nothing has worked and it keeps happening, just the unity pop up of something loading and then absolutely nothing.

Not gonna lie it’s a bit disheartening, if there are other things I could try I’ll certainly do, and will keep trying some other stuff.

Will come back if I have any more updates or if anyone else can give me advice.

Thank you tho.

Did you also update Unity to the latest stable version? According to your screenshot, you are using an older version.

Also set the Compression Format to “Disable”. “Gzip” is often a source of issues.

It was on the 2020.1.2f1 and I updated it to the 2020.2.6f1 which was the latest available and nothing changed.

Also I can’t find the compression format settings for the “PC, Mac & Linux Standalone” which is the platform the course builds it on, instead of webgl.

I’ve just noticed that there is a “deleted” entry in the scenes list in your screenshot. Remove ALL entries from the list and readd the scenes. Then try to build your game again.

If you want to build a standalone version, check the Configuration in the File > Build Settings > Player Settings. Try to use a different API Compatibility Level, e.g. .NET 4.x.

Which version of the .NET Framework do you have installed on your computer?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms