Not used to using classes like this but I think I got the gist of it!

I enjoyed the last lessons I just did on these state patterns/machines however I don’t recall if there was an introduction to using multiple classes like this or if I was expected to learn this prior.

It took a bit of head scratching and careful thinking but I think I finally understood what it meant.

Though I am a little confused on the specifics of the locomotion context and the locomotion state interfaces I understand that in the LocomotionStatePattern : MonoBehaviour, LocomotionContext
we are calling different methods from different states by calling the method name and then depending on what state we are in we will call that method in the approappriate state class.

Hope that sounded coherent I’m just sharing my thoughts on the lecture!

That’s about the gist of it. For a really in depth deep dive into State Machines, I strongly recommend our Third Person Combat and Traversal course, where Nathan really takes us through the ins and outs of StateMachines.

1 Like

Sounds interesting! Now I can decide what’s the next course to go for after finishing this one, haha :wink: cool thanks

Privacy & Terms