Noob question (Unity3d course 1_fs_cu2 related) about compilers/IDE's

I’m just beginning the Unity 3d course. I’ve watched the programming with Mosh C# in the past, and he was huge fan of re-shaper/rider. I started using it, and I’m used to it at this point.

If I point Unity toward Rider as my IDE, I can still share entire Unity projects with a collaborator because all the scripts are .cs? Correct? Are there any potential compatibility problems this may cause?

Hoping to check and confirm before getting too far into Unity. Thank you guys!!!

Hi Jonathan,

Feel free to use VS and Resharper. The latter does not have anything to do with Unity. It just adds additional functionality to VS.

Unity needs cs files to work, not VS or anything else. VS is just a tool to make our lives as programmer easier.

Did this help?

Definitely! Am I supposed to mark these ‘solved’ like on the Unity thing, or is that more for there?

1 Like

It would be great if you could mark a topic as solved. You don’t have to add [Solved] in front of the title, though. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms