My VSCode doesn't have suggestion when I write the code

Hello lecturer and everyone, I need your help.

When I write something like: [SerializeField], there’s no suggestion for me so I can write faster.
and many codes like Debug.log.

I’ve already installed 2 extensions that the lecturer suggests.

thank you very much!
Your new student
Tai

Welcome to the community!

Lol, I had the same problem FOREVER! Here’s something that I did:

Make sure the newest version of Visual studio is installed. For me, when I changed from version 2020 to 2023 it gave me intelligence…
Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a package that allows you to do that.

Make sure when you install it though, you select any package you may need with visual studio, so when they prompt you to choose, I’d look at those boxes to see which to check.

When visual studio is reinstalled, go into Unity>Edit>Preferences and make sure the newest visual studio is the default setting

If that doesn’t work, then simply uninstalling and reinstalling Visual Studio might help

I already did that but It didn’t work :(((.

Hi Tai_Van,

Please follow the instruction on this website and make sure all required extensions are installed: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/other/unity

If the issue persists, please check the console of VS Code (not Unity!). If the .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack) is mentioned there, download and install it from the official Microsoft website. Here is the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net471

Install and use Visual Studio (Community Edition). For some students, VS Code simply does not work well. Maybe due to a problem with Unity, some update or whatever.

1. Download VS and follow this instruction.
  2. Select VS as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools).
  3. Install the “Visual Studio Editor” package in the Package Manager.

That should work. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms