My Visual Code interface is different than the instructors

When I’m working on Project Boost, the instructors Visual Code interface some of the programs in transparent text because their weren’t in use
(I can’t take a picture because udemy won’t allow me to. For Example using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic; were semi transparent)

On my Visual Code interface I see this

I now that it’s a pretty minor issue, but this has been bugging me for a while now.

I appear to have all of the extensions downloaded so I don’t understand what the problem is, if someone can please reply at your earliest conveinence.

Hi,

From what I understood, you expected the first two namespaces in line 1 and 2 to be semi-transparent. Is that correct? If so, check the console in VS Code.

Is the .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack) is mentioned there, download it from the official Microsoft website and install it. Here is the link:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net471
Maybe you’ll have to reboot your computer. Then launch Unity again and open one of your scripts.

Depending on your version of Unity, go to Window > Package Manager in Unity. Then check if the Visual Studio Code Editor package is installed.

Did this help you fix the problem?

See also:

Sorry for the late reply, You were right and all I had to do was download the framework and restart my computer. I can’t thank you enough for this, it was driving me crazy.

I’m glad the solution was so easy. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms