My version Glitch Garden with my own 2D assets

Hello everyone,
Here is my version for the game Glitch Garden. I created my own 2D assets for this project. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

https://gamebucket.io/game/75784fff-66b6-488a-9cf2-7094de2377d6

5 Likes

Hi @Carolina_Pillon,

This looks really good. Fantastic backgrounds and sprites, I’m guessing your own work?

Having seen the images you placed in your post I just had to give your game a try and I have to say you have a nicely polished game there, it really does look and feel like a “game”, well done.

There are a couple of things I noticed which I thought I would offer as feedback…

• The game itself plays very quickly, which makes the first level, when you are trying to work out which defenders do what a little hectic.

• An icon on the main menu which takes you to an information scene may be a nice addition, one which shows the defender sprites and explains what they do, and equally for the attackers.

• The box colliders on the sprites could be reduced in size slightly, at the moment the projectiles disappear before they look like they have made contact with the attackers.

• The game plays on after the level is survived, even though it’s only for a few seconds, have you tested to see what happens if an attacker was to leave the left hand edge?

• Some affordance on the defenders selection at the top left of the screen would be a nice addition, e.g. make the defenders the player cannot afford slightly darker, highlight the currently selected defender etc.

All in all a very enjoyable game, I am now going back to see if I can complete your second scene! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the overall style and artwork!

1 Like

@Rob, thank you for taking your time to play my game. I appreciate your comments and suggestions. I will definitely pay more attention to those details in my next game.

@Brian_Robson, thank you very much. I’m glad you liked.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

You’re very welcome Carolina :slight_smile:

Great coherent art style, well done and thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much!

Hi @Carolina_Pillon,

not sure if you have you done any work on this project after your first post. I would love to see an updated version when available.

I don’t have much to add that hasn’t been said bij Rob. Because I encountered the same things, the main points being:

This is an understatement. The game moves incredibly fast and I have no idea what to do. Which makes me add another suggestion (besides the speed and the info-screen), you could add a reset/retry button to the scene. When you know you are going to lose you just have to wait until the game is lost. Hitting retry would be less frustrating than waiting until your defenders are broken down.

Your art is so cool, could be an amazing game!

1 Like

Also, @Rob, nice job using affordance to show what you can afford. I never realized that etymologically that is where the word came from :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hi @Duckfest_JF,

I actually made some changes in this game.
• I removed enemies from the scene. The game was playing very quickly because of that.
• I added a button at the top of the screen to restart the game.
• After the game is completed, all defenders and enemies are destroyed.
• I reduced the box collider on the projectiles.

Here is the link if you want to check: http://www.sharemygame.com/share/0bcd539b-2481-453e-9537-1467933ff65e

3 Likes

It’s incredible the difference an imagination can make. Epic work, well done.

1 Like

@Jay_Clark, Thank you!

1 Like

Cool art !

Here is a video capture:

Thank you, @mnijaki!

Privacy & Terms