My trophy is not spawning at the correct grid space

I’m having an issue with my trophy not spawning on the correct grid space. It is locking to a grid space properly, the problem is though that it locks on to the space 2 grids up on y axis, and 2 grids right on the x axis from where I click. I was having even more issues with it but after resetting the transform on the parent of the trophy and then moving the children I at least got it to spawn correctly within a grid space, but not the correct grid space. The cactus spawns fine, so I’m assuming the problem I’m having is not with the code but within Unity, but everything I’ve looked at looks right. Obviously I’m missing something. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please check the animation of the trophy. Maybe transform.position is in the properties list. If that’s the case, remove it. If you need it there, make sure that the values are ranging between - 0.5 and and 0.5. If the values are higher or lower, the animated game object ends up on another tile than the expected one.

Did this help?

See also:

I actually just deleted the trophy object and animation and did everything over again and everything is working. Before I deleted everything though I actually deleted just the animation and the problem was still occurring. I did pay extra close attention this time to make sure I reset the transforms on the trophy objects and doing more testing every time I completed one step of the process.
All working now though either way. I appreciate the response. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms