My queen

So here’s the image of my queen:

Before I clipped the sides to triangles, I flared them out some, so ti makes it look more … pointy? Meh. I like it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

17 Likes

Great work @Misha!

1 Like

This Queen caused me a lot of problems but i finaly managed to make it work.

Its a basic queen…

4 Likes

heres my LP Queen

3 Likes

my queen lp.

6 Likes

I Like it @Yann, a good solid piece!

@MrMiniR60S, keep up the good work!

@White_Jackal I really like it. That’s such a different design. Very impressive!

1 Like

Here’s my queen. :v:

3 Likes

@JamieSmith, it looks good! Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks @GymMammoth! Same to you :v:

My LP Queen, I wished to make it as simple as possible.

1 Like

It turned out ok I think I felt like i should have made the ball in the top rounder, but oh well.

2 Likes

It’s all good. This section’s challenge is to make the pieces low poly and still look good. I think your queen fits the bill quite nicely :slight_smile:

My first attempt to do it!

and then i made it again!

2 Likes

Great work! I like both designs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to model the crown before seeing how Michael did it, but it felt like I was taking too many steps to get it done. Once I saw how he did it, I found I had been on the right track.

For some reason, I found I had too many extra verts and edges. I’m going to model it again to see if this keeps happening. For now, this is what I have.

UPDATE 15 June: This morning I put on my Captain Obvious cape and discovered the reason I had too many verts was for the simple fact that I did not remove doubles. Remaking the queen went much more smoothly this morning. As I go through this course, I’m trying to make remove doubles and recalculate outside normals a habit. I still have a ways to go. I have not posted a new pic because it looks exactly the same as this one.

1 Like

I tried to keep the low poly model closer to the reference image of the Staunton Queen, so I didn’t go for the pointed tips of the crown. I also wanted to eliminate NGons beneath the top of the crown.

1 Like

Looks really nice, I’d like to see the entire set. :smiley:

There is a funny story behind this model. When I modeled the Pawn I accidentally set the base mesh (a cylinder if I recall right) to have 27 edges so when I lowered the poly count I got a 9 sides polygon at the base… I thought it would be ok. That little detail has given me “more than the expected fun” with every subsequent piece modeled from that initial one… However, with this Queen it was about to cross the line and become a pain.

After some creating/destroying of geometry I finally got what I wanted with my LP_Queen, here is the result.

1 Like

1 Like

Privacy & Terms