My player movement stoped when i added timeline

Hey.

Since i added timeline and removed waypoint script from my main ship, the ship only rotates but the movement is gone. I didn’t change the code except that part with the guns and the particle sistem.
The ship follow timeline and everything with it is alright but the movement(left, right, up, down) stopped.

Please help!

Thanks in advice!

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Did you create an animation track for the ship in the Timeline? If not, the ship won’t move. The Circuit does not have anything to do with the Timeline.

Yes and the ship moves and follows the timeline but the other movements (left, right,up and down) are disabled.

Which game object did you move in the animation track? Bear in mind that animated object should not be moved via code because the animation overrides the Transform values.

In our game, we animated the parent game object, the one with the Camera, not the one with the spaceship mesh. And we move the child game object, the one with the mesh, via code.

If you don’t know what I mean, please rewatch the video at least one more time and compare your game objects to Rick’s. When he animates a game object, take a close look at the name or rather at the selected game object in the Hierarchy.

Did this help? :slight_smile:

See also:

That was the problem, i fixed it.

Thanks so much!!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms