My learning journey with Blender 2.8

I choose the beizer curve because I thought it would give me the best control in angle and curved surfaces. I appreciate your comment! It is hard but it keeps me excited to go into Blender! I love spending hours and hours making it come to life.

I will definitely start a new thread and update you and everyone else on my bridge journey.

3 Likes

I am looking forward to your bridge thread!

1 Like

Experiments with sketching curves directly on a surface.

grafik

grafik

with a triangle bevel object, doesn´t function so far.
///////////

grafik

/////////////////////////

Experiments with bend and lattice. The topology isn´t okay, that causes texturing problems and I have to remodel again… But I am glad that I have understood the lattice thing.

///////////////////

Found it VERY difficult…

2 Likes

Imagine Lattice as a way to bend stuff in a non destructive way.

Look what I did with Lattice once:

Disabling Lattice Modifier:

4 Likes

That looks awesome, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

One flower petal. Thanks capa for your inspiration!

grafik

2 Likes

Today I have experimented with the grease pencil object in comparison with the grease annotation in a sense like a note.

These are real objects that can be rendered in comparison to the grease notes, that are invisible in the rendering.

grafik

converting it to a mesh object and adding some smoothness, a subsurf modifier, extrusions, alt + e, stripes…

grafik

/////

A flower based on a plane > PET > solidify modifier //subsurf modifier//lattice modifier// simple deform modifier

It is not perfect, just a test.

4 Likes

Wow!! That is beautiful, intriguing, and something I may be able to aspire to someday.

2 Likes

Thank you Just_Ephemeral for your encouraging comment. I am sure that you also could model flowers someday. It looks more difficult then it is…

That flower looks absolutely amazing Jada!

2 Likes

Thank you, Capricas_Kirito. I love flowers and have two gardens. Maybe that´s my Blender “special interest”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done!

This will look like a drawing if you enable freestyle :smile:

1 Like

That´a good idea! Thank you for your inspiration. :smile:

minihouses minihouses1

A quick test what I can model in a short time (20 minutes).

@ capa:

grafik

%20freestyle1

grafik freestyle! :wink:

/////////////

////////////

Experiments with quad modeling.hate it. :rage::hot_face:

grafik

/////

first try. looks really bad.

grafik

next try, I am happy about the result, although there is a lot room for improvement. :smile:

grafik

////////

I have tried to improve the shape of the rose

rose%208

2 Likes

Test with the grease pencil object and the grease object modifier > symmetry > x

Test with texture painting (only mouse drawing) Quick drawings out of the imagination without references. I should work with a tablet and some references… But for the moment everything is okay because I want to familiarize with the tools and techniques and speed up the workflow.

Besides it is a pain in the ass to draw with a mouse. I really hate it.:hot_face::rage::hot_face::smirk::smirk:

2 Likes

I think thia is from the complete blender course - I started with enviroment, but as I mentioned to NP5 I looking forword to it- but first things first and for me thats the einviroment course

marty54

As I promised I looked at all your work, but it’s too much to take in - viewing your work as a complete nebie to 2.8 just gets me very excited - too excitde to pause and give seperate likes so hier Igive you a big one and my first :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marty for your kind comment!

Jada

Privacy & Terms