My First Game - Complete 2D Unity Course

After 7 weeks of learning and following the complete 2D Unity course, here’s the first game I consider my own, even though it was started following the bonus section Tile Vania of the course.

Play evoCell - 2D Platformer on itch.io now

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 11.33.43 am

I consider this game the culmination of everything I have learnt in the course and am very proud of what I have achieved and hope to continue my game dev journey thanks to Ben and Rick’s help!

Shortly after finishing the game, I took on the RPG Core Combat course to really dive into the more advanced concepts, and I have now started working on my first mobile game which I hope to release on the app stores soon.

Let me know what you think of the game if you have a chance to play it, and hope this motivates other students to take on the courses as they were incredibly helpful to kickstart learning game development with no previous experience!

5 Likes

Awesome game! The atmosphere is very relaxing and I really like the smoothness of the camera movements. Also, the character art is super cute! Would love to see what mobile game you make. Post it here too when it’s done!

1 Like

Thanks for playing the game, really appreciate your kind words!
I have a tendency to like playing (and so create) very difficult games, so I wanted to balance it out with a chill atmosphere, glad it comes across!

As for the art used in the game, Kenney truly is a bae, all his assets just make me want to create cute games, check him out if you haven’t already! :smiley:

Hi there! My first mobile game is now out, would love to hear your thoughts on it!
Google Play Link

Nice work! The music and art is great. The challenges are thought out. Good luck on your next project!

WOW! This is incredible! Everything from the sound, effects, art style, interface and responsiveness. A big well done for this one!

Wow! This is brill! How would I be able to play it? I’ve only been on this Unity course for 4 days - I know nothing yet, lol xxx jess

Privacy & Terms