My Buttons will not work with the new input system

The canvas appears when the player is dead, however I can click the buttons as many times as I want. The scene does not reload and for debug purposes I have changed the button pressed color (button does not change color). I have already tried the following:

• Went through the lesson several times
  • restart unity
  • Adjusted the event system as described by another student

I have no more ideas left. Can sombody help me or have another idea?

thanks in advance
Hamster

I believe if you go to your EventSystem game object you’ll see something like this

Follow the instructions. Perhaps make a backup of your project because I’m not 100% sure this will fix your problem

hi bixarrio,

thank you for your fast response.
I tried your Idea, but unfortunately the buttons can not be pressed. the following picture shows my eventsystem. It looks a bit different from yours.

Do you have any errors in the console?

Is there another UI object over the buttons? If you run the game and select the EventSystem, you will see a debug window at the bottom of the inspector. Here you can see what the event system is detecting under the mouse.
Perhaps it will help in finding an issue

in the console i have no errors. and under the button is nothing.

The selected: is in the right of the image (the …UiInputModul

Sorry i am a noob on this topic.

Move the EventSystem object out of UI. Don’t know if that will work. In my own game EventSystem is in the root of the hierarchy and not giving me any issues

Sorry, that unfortunately also makes no difference.
Maybe they just can’t help me.
Thanks to you for your efforts.

If you want, you can upload your project somewhere and I could take a look at it and let you know what I find

That would be great if you could take a look at it.
Of course, only if it is not inconvenient for you.
I have uploaded the project here: Zombie Runner.zip | Files.fm.
I have deleted the libary that was advised to me before. If it is still needed I will upload it again.
Many thanks in advance

OK, So here’s what I found: When we set Time.timeScale = 0 the Input System stops working. The fix I found was to got to Project Settings → Input System Package and changing Update Mode to Process Events in Dynamic Update

Hope this is fine. It worked for me after I changed that

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
You got your title “Master Problem Solver” for a reason. :grinning: :+1:
That was the problem now I can press the buttons and continue the course.
Just need to figure out at some point why the camera behaves so erratically when looking around.

Thanks again for your great help and your invested time
Hamster

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms