Multiple PCs required? Invalid Session UE5.2

I’m able to create a session using steam, but my second player sees the session as InvalidSession. If I click to connect it I get the message
LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: Invalid session info for session Session in GetResolvedConnectString()

I’ve tried playing with the settings a bit:

• Switching bIsLANMatch and bIsLanQuery to false, and then no sessions show up at all
  • Adding bUsesPresence= true and bAllowJoinViaPresence = true, these don’t seem to affect it at all
  • Enabling and Disabling bInitServerOnClient in the DefaultEngine.ini, seems enabling it is required for any sessions to show up at all

I’ve also tried creating two sessions, and it would appear the second session gives me the error
LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Failed to initialize Steam, this could be due to a Steam server and client running on the same machine. Try running with -NOSTEAM on the cmdline to disable.

Am I right in believing we need multiple PCs with multiple steam accounts to get this working?

1 Like

Update: I had paused the video two seconds before Sam mentioned this exact thing Facepalm

1 Like

You can also use windows sandbox but you have to set everything up every time you close it down. Takes a bit of time to get it up and running so maybe not worth it.

Privacy & Terms