Multiplayer citybuilder

I am participating in a new game developer startup associated with a student incubator in Southern Norway. We are planning on creating a multiplayer citybuilder with first-person view to make it more challenging and different from other games in the genre. The game will have a medieval setting.

I have an education in computer science.

I have spent the last half year on learning the basics of Unreal, mostly with the Unreal basics course here at gamedev.tv, but also by prototyping basic features for the city-building game that are not directly reliant on multiplayer.

The game will likely be session-based with real-time gameplay. The biggest challenge will be how to store the state of the built city, in the case of suddenly broken connection, I think, but I will maybe regard that differently as I learn throughout this course.

1 Like

What’s the start up?

That startup is unfortunately not so active at the moment, but I have another company called Spelgarden now, where I create games in my spare time.

Multiplayer citybuilder seems like a good way to either strengthen or ruin a friendship. Either way I’d be down to play.

Privacy & Terms