Modular vehicle / my version of Wall-e

Hi people! Keep making my small steps and challenging myself. Instead of modular military vehicles, I decided to make my version of Wall-e :))) Iโ€™m a BIG admirer of this character :laughing:
and this is what I got so far :raised_hands:

Some questions remain open for me- why in the first place the double faces, thereafter edges&vertex
constantly appear? I learn how to get rid of it- cleaning mesh, merge by distance, but will be better to understand why itโ€™s happening.

I was setting up three points lights, hoping to achieve a deeper volume of the shape in almost black background. Also, I try to make procedural rust and get some idea about nodes.

8 Likes

Very well done. Procedural textures a whole black art in themselves.

One common creating of extra geometry on top of itself is extruding, or rather starting to extrude then canceling. I does not undo the making of the extrusion but just cancels the moving of it to the extended point.

2 Likes

Thank you NP5!
Thanks for sharing, will try these steps. In my case, doubles happened mostly after bevel and scaling.
So I always clean the mesh after.

1 Like

Amazing.

Thank you!

Iโ€™m a fan of Wall-e too, so glad to see you did a nice job of recreating him. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Glad to know:), thanks a lot Miss_B!

Privacy & Terms