MMO in Unity or Unreal

MMO in Unity or Unreal!
All the network programming that you would need for some kind of classic WoW MMO

21 Likes

Yes, please! I’d be extremely interested if we set this up in Unreal. MMO’s are extremely popular.

2 Likes

Definitely! It would be great, as I (and a lot of others) love MMOs!

2 Likes

UE4 PLEASE

3 Likes

Please!! But using socket, not UNet.

2 Likes

Unity please

3 Likes

Would love to see a course on how to build a MMO, especially in UE4, always wanted to do make one of my own.
Not the greatest Idea to take on as a first project, but to get an idea “how to” early on would be great!

3 Likes

Would love this in Unity. I’ve seen some impressive stuff done for online play in unity but haven’t a clue how they do it.

2 Likes

If it is just network programming, Unity would be the one!

2 Likes

I think it would be a fun course and could branch off of the rpg in unity course.

2 Likes

I’d like to see one in unreal. I’m debating making a rpg/fps in unreal.

2 Likes

I love the idea! :smiley:

1 Like

+1

2 Likes

i need this course

3 Likes

The problem is that MMOs are a huge project even for bigger development teams. However focusing into one area like server side coding could work! I’d love to have a course about massively multiplayer online -technology.

4 Likes

Unreal4 I would prefer.

3 Likes

Check out improbable.io

I believe Sam mentioned if they ever made an MMO course they would likely used them, and for good reason.

2 Likes

UE4 PLEASE!!! but make it using socket

1 Like

I would like to see a Spatial OS based MMO Course. :slight_smile:

I do not mind if it is based on Unreal or Unity. Although I would prefer Unreal.

1 Like

I agree! And I’d definitely be down for a serer side coding course. There’s woefully little curated information to be had on it. Nothing at a beginner level anyway…

Privacy & Terms