MMO in Unity or Unreal

I love this! UE4 please

1 Like

Im currently working on a MMO in UE4
it will make you my new deities if you happen to produce a course in UE4 for MMOā€™S!
please!

MMO Networking for Unreal would be great! Even learning Photon or similar with UE4.

1 Like

I look forward to! UE4! Itā€™ll be a BOMB! :smiling_imp:

Interesting, but only if in Unity.

1 Like

I definetly would like to see an MMO made in Unity

It would be great is something one a general multiplayer and show how to adept it to different genres. Unity is what I am learning at this point, but I would like to look at Unreal at a future time.

I don;t think an MMO course would be great. As MMOā€™s are huge projects like others have said already. It would be best to learn how to create a server and launch the server on a cloud based area or locally on your machine. I think that would be a lovely Idea. After learning this. making an MMO would be solely what you know with which ever programming language you know if its C++ or C# or java UE4 already have a multiplayer course and replicating in game objects to listen to a server and I believe Unity has a multiplayer course too? if not Iā€™m sure no doubt it will be coming soon. But I highly recommend learning how to create your own server and locating and running the server over a cloud based area. so you dont have to run that server locally on your machine or network.

If this were to be a thing, I would imagine that the focus would be on writing your own server software for managing clients and gameplay. Which I would highly bet that people donā€™t exactly find all that fun.

1 Like

I have been asking the developers about this for a while. Iā€™d love an advanced networking course like this that deals with choosing your player start, choosing a character class to spawn in, and how the whole networking pipeline works when using all the classes such as the game mode functions, playerstate, gamestate, etc.

I also would like to see a course like this. It doesnā€™t have to be graphically wildā€¦just functional.
Additionally I would recommend using a library like ENet w/reliable options. This is something I would VERY Much like to see. Honestly itā€™s the networking thatā€™s important, the game design and gameplay is covered in the RPG course, I think the MMO course should cover the network coding aspects using a well used library like ENet. Just cover how to divide the game into N-Tier architecture, client/server/backend data, and coding the networking to tie them all together.

Would love this for Unity.

Thereā€™s no shortage in Unity tutorialsā€¦ Unreal Engine needs some love.

I would love to see a course on this :blush:

Itā€™d be interesting to see how someone could pull such a large and sophisticated game idea off in Unity.

Privacy & Terms