Missing Obstacle Assault Modules prevents opening project

I’m getting this error and it blocks opening my project in Unreal Editor.

There’s some information about on the web, Reddit and elsewhere. And someone had a similar problem:

The first time it happened it was after quitting the Unreal Editor, and rebuilding using Visual Studio Code (on Mac) - I redid all the lectures back to this point to see if I had missed something.

The second time when it happened again, I had set up source control so I could roll back and forward.

I deleted the Binaries, DerivedDataCache and Intermediates folders, rolled back my changes and then was able to start the Unreal Editor.

By using the Live Coding / Compile button in the editor to compile I was able to compile all my code.

That indicates to me that the code didn’t have any compile problems.

To explain the errors:

1. Your project uses C++ and C++ code needs to be compiled into binary form (the output of which is in the Binaries folder); which Unreal will then load. If that compiled code doesn’t exist (e.g. because you deleted it) or was built with a different version the code needs to be rebuilt.

2. If rebuilding fails then that just means you have a compilation error, the exact error could be for many different reasons, one reason could be that you have syntax errors in your code that would need fixing.
    You will need to look at the log to see the exact reason why it failed. See the lecture Helping Us Help You lecture to see how to get that log.

Thanks Dan.

I’ve gone thru the explainer episode about the issues with the editor compile and also changed to Xcode 14 - from 15 which was the default that I already had installed before starting the course.

The problems seem to be gone for now.

By the way installing Xcode 14 was a real pain in n Sonoma. I might do a seperate post on it in case other Mac users have the same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms