Mirror and UWP

When I set my build type to UWP application, my built executable will not accept client connections. I can run the server in my Unity play session and the built executable can connect as client, but Unity client cannot connect to built executable server.

Hi there, are you getting any errors in the console?

@Yitzchak_Cohen Nope, no errors at all. I even built the project, opened it in VS2019 community, and launched the build with the VS debugger attached. No debugger errors either.

If you do everything without UWP does it work fine? I would just like to rule out anything else as the cause.

@Yitzchak_Cohen That is correct, when I build as a normal Windows x64 application, both the build and the Unity session can host the game.

Are you able to continue the course using normal Window’s builds? I don’t think I have ever used UWP builds before. Is there a specific reason you wanted to use them? I quick google suggests Mirror and UWP are just not compatible.

Thanks, @Yitzchak_Cohen . I want to use UWP so I can publish to MS Gamestore and use XBox live. I know publishing to Steam or manually distributing an installer is the easiest way to get started, but it’s a hobby for friends who all use XBox.

When I did a Google search and searched the Mirror Discord history, I found conflicting answers of some saying it should work fine and others saying it doesn’t. I was hoping someone here would have a more concise answer. For now, I’ll just publish a public server for friends to join from their XBox/Win10 accounts.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms