Minor feedback - pauses

First up, I hope this is under the correct category. Every time I clicked the Ask dropdown it would load the same page in a new tab!

My feedback was just that I find it helps flow to have a short pause (eg. 1 sec) between topic changes or where you think the user might want to pause the video and complete a task. It makes it a nicer UX not cutting the instructor off when you pause, and not missing anything when you resume. There were just a 1-2 spots where I thought that short pause would’ve been nice.

Otherwise, I think the pacing so far is great. Normally I watch videos at 1.25 or 1.5x but these are great at 1x.

3 Likes

Luckily for me that is just when I’m snipping the clips during editing I might be putting them too close together. I’ll have a little play around with adding slightly longer pauses between the clips and see if that helps :slight_smile: I’ll let you know whenever that gets updated!

1 Like

Awesome! It’s not a big deal but just a tiny “polish” thing and I think anything longer than 1 sec would be too long!

I also forgot to mention, the timing you leave after announcing the challenge and removing the slide to show the solution is great. A few previous courses haven’t paused long enough it begins to fade as they finish talking!

Great work so far, Nathan!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Even if it is just a tiny polish thing, I still want these to be great so I’ll do whatever I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms