Making hard surface models for games

Looks fantastic. Will the game have any animation of an item being deconstructed after a player uses it?
Small additional task. :joy:

2 Likes

In theory I could… seems that at least if animation is made on unity side it does appear in a game (there are some limitations on it too, though). And I could add laser particle effects and other stuff… but I’m too lazy to take that further :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

And this is how it looks in game (the engine of the game is Unity):

4 Likes

Making another thing. This time a hologram displaying table:

(Holograms are already done as particles by Ravien - one of the mod authors)

4 Likes

And another little thing:

And how it looks in game

2 Likes

Oh a repurposed snooker table! Perhaps it doubles as a holographic snooker table after working hours! :grinning:

That would actually be a fun joke thing to put in the game. With the right set of actions, the table clears and a holographic game of snooker is played out, animation run.

Good lift platform too.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that would be cool easter egg :smiley:

Made some progress texturing it:

3 Likes

High tech holo table, using ‘old’ typewriter keyboard entry system. What about some floating holographic user interface?

Looks very good and in style with the other items though.

2 Likes

That’s a very good point :thinking:. Will try to adjust it for future models. There are some “touch” interfaces in the base game, for example:

But I think those kinds of interfaces look quite bad and would be totally unusable.

Maybe I will figure out something that: 1) looks good, 2) looks like it would be actual usable device 3) would fit the game world.

2 Likes

And I’m almost done with this one too:

Just need to create artstation page, but will not spam about it here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Phew, after almost 2 weeks busy with other stuff, I’m back to it… any feedback on shape would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still need to hook it up in Unity, but texture painting is done:

3 Likes

looks pretty amazing

1 Like

Looks very fancy.

1 Like

And rendered video (both Blender and in unity):

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms