MainMenu.Start() breaks StartSceneLoader

With the addition of the start method in the MainMenu script, it breaks the bypass so that the game always starts with Bootstrap scene.

The ClientSingleton check throws the LogError because the instance is null. It ends up pausing playmode in Unity. I see in your video the same happened, but it didn’t pause play. I mean, it’s a minor problem - I was able to unpause and it the scene did change over to the Bootstrap scene in playmode. Did I miss something in scripting?

Hi there,

What lecture are you on?

It’s possible the bug is fixed in a future lecture.

“Matchmaking UI” When I made the post the tag “6_OM_UMP” goes in the field, but when I submitted the form, the tag doesn’t seem to stick.

This might just be a setting in Unity, change your log to a Debug.Log instead of a Debug.LogError, that might prevent the pausing.

Okay. I guess I didn’t miss anything in the course at least. I changed it to Debug.LogWarning. The warning does show in the console and game doesn’t pause.

I did finally get to the later lesson that it is fixed. This is addressed in 13_OM_UMP - “Section Cleanup.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms