Low Poly Wizard Scene 2.0!

Hey guys!

It’s been a while since I posted here. I have a natural love of fantasy, like mages and wizards and that sort of jazz, so it makes sense that my first game I made was magic-themed, and that the next one I will make will ALSO be magic themed! :smile: I’ve been drawing up an idea for about a month now so far, but if I were to talk about that, it would be in the Unity showcase.

About 2 weeks ago now, I made the first character for the game, and just yesterday decided to use him to make a better version of my older wizard scene I made when I was making my first game. If you want to view the old post, the link is here: Wizard Scene So, here it is:

What do you guys think? I’m always trying to get better, so any feedback is great :smile:

7 Likes

I love it. Clearly you’ve learnt quite a bit from the the course to the point of where you’ve made some low-poly characters. I was considering this design choice a bit earlier…still torn, but may use it later or something. Either way, this is VERY impressive with what you’ve accomplished.

Only criticism I have is that the book in his hand looks more like a flat piece of board, assuming it’s meant to be a book. It’s too long and thin to really be a book.

1 Like

Yeah, it was meant to be a book. I’ll have to adjust it. Thank you! :smile:

np, I wanted to give you some constructive criticism as it is good, but no one learns anything from being told simply how good something is.

A few more critiques are the hand on the book, the cape and the beard, though the cap might be fixed in a physics engine, but from this angle I can see that the bear appears like it’s a sheet of white glued to his face and the hand from this angle looks somewhat mis-shapen, but that could be due to the style and the angle this is put at.

Eitherway, very good work there :slight_smile:

Yeah, I noticed those things as well. I always have trouble with the fingers on almost every model I make, and it is something I definitely need to work on. As for the cape, I will admit, I simply forgot about it when I was working on the scene. :smile: I’m not too familiar with cloth physics, so I tend to simulate cloth manually, which is a pain. I don’t think I would want to use it on the cape just yet, not until I find the time to learn how to use it. I’m also not sure what I want to do with the beard - I thought the same thing you did when I made it, but I just kept it. I’ll have to fiddle around with it a bit. I really appreciate you giving me constructive criticism on this, and I’m glad you enjoy it. It really does means a lot. :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms