Low Poly Environment

I’m not sure if I’m posting this properly, as it’s my first time, but for the first go-around I stuck with the lecture to a ‘T’, and did it all again with my own idea a few weeks later to see what I retained, enter the October scene. I’m still struggling with lighting, so I’ll go for that next unless there’s something else more experienced people can recommend.

17 Likes

This looks great! You had a vision in mind and you nailed it

3 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate the kind words!

3 Likes

Looks great.

Very well done as a beginner to go through once sticking to the course then redo it with your own ideas.
Perfect learning process.

As not a beginner I adapted it as I did it.
If you perhaps do the GameDev complete beginners course or similar you could do the addition of materials rather than just colours. As a way of continuing your learning process.

2 Likes

Like your version a lot! I think it has great composition and you nailed the atmosphere🥰
P.S. What is the yellow object next to the well?

2 Likes

Thank you! Oh that’s just weeds, LOL I should have spread them out more. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I don’t have that course yet, but I plan to in the future. I’ve messed around a little bit with trying hand paint on a barrel, but that was before I had my drawing tablet. It was pretty bad. I might go for something more realistic and using materials next time!

2 Likes

Cool work . How did you make the smoke?

1 Like

Thanks! I made the fog/smoke using a cube and a principled volume shader! I’m not that great with shaders yet, but here’s what I did.

3 Likes

But I don’t know at all, well done!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms