Loop Cut not working - ALT-key problems

Well, I just tried it in both 2.79 and 2.93.4, and I’m using the Right Mouse Button in both. The Left Mouse button doesn’t work for selecting a Loop in either Blender version for me. Hmmmm, this is getting stranger and stranger.

I keymapped my loop select to SELECT-RIGHT_CLICK since i use left click for selecting.

I myself have not been able to figure that out yet but anyways now that the problem has been solved its fine

1 Like

OK, I’ve been sitting here trying to think why I’ve been able to use Right Click if Left Click is the default now, and I think I know why.

When I first set up version 2.93.3, since I still had version 2.79 installed, I was given the option to use the Key Mapping from that version. If that’s what I did, and it wouldn’t surprise me if I did do that, then it’s why I have both versions working with Right Click.

Not sure why I remembered that just now, but it seems most likely it’s what I did if I were given that option. Would certainly make sense if I didn’t want to go through all the Key Mapping options to change them, if it were necessary.

OK, now I’m not feeling so unknowing anymore. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds about right, having had that option. I tend to set up from fresh each time I update. Which I don’t do too often, not every change. I know with the 2.7-2.8 change I decided to go with the new normal despite the established natural right clicking.

Hey whatever works best in your work pipeline is what I believe in. I’ve been using Blender since 2.4x, which had a horrible UI back then, and since I’m so used to the Right Click, changing that option just didn’t sit well with me, so when they gave us that option with the Keymaping, I took advantage of it.

I don’t usually update with every little change, but the moderator of the Blender forum on a site I visit regularly posted about the 2.93.4 update, and since I’m still trying to get comfortable with the new UI, I figured I’d download it and see if there was any noticeable change, but there really wasn’t.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms