Lighting Issue, Skylight lighting inside area the same as outside

As the title says my inside area are lit exactly the same as the outer areas. I have followed the tutorial creating the directional light, skylight, skysphere. Linking the skysphere and directional light. Have tried static, stationary and movable light. I have blocked off all light leaks like the tutorial shows and added a couple torches to experiment. Torch point lights are not showing up either. If I disable the skylight the interior darkens and torch lights work as expected. So as far as I can tell it is some issue with the skylight.

I am using Unreal 5.1. Pics below. Thanks for any help.

Have you tried using Box Brushes to block out the light instead? Have you also tried rebuilding the lighting?

Tried box brushing it in this morning does not fix issue. Have rebuilt the lighting, have deleted and remade the lighting actors doesn’t fix. If I just delete skylight, the inside is perfect, but the outdoor lighting suffers.

Have you checked distance field ambient occlusion (DFAO), lumen global illumination, and similar settings?

These get changed based upon the scalability level, so a quick test is to simply change the scalability level.

Using Unreal 5.1 with scalability high:

And with scalability low:

I tested scalability medium as well, it seems to behave similar to scalability low in terms of how it’s handling the lighting.

edit:
The issue might be the lumen global illumination setting.
off:

on:

Hopefully this helps! If it doesn’t you can pull the finished project repo CryptRaider · main · GameDev.tv / Unreal 5 CPP / Crypt Raider · GitLab and check for any differences.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms