Lighting distance bleeding issue

Hello,

I have an issue when I’m distant from a wall. I blocked every pixels with walls, edge and floor, but it keeps bleeding when I’m at a certain distance from it. When I’m close (like 10 meters), it’s ok, no light bleeding at all. But when I’m at 30 meters, after 2-3 seconds, it starts bleeding again.

I really don’t understand why, and it’s been 2 days I try to figure out what’s wrong :confused:

Can you help please ?

Thanks in advance

Could you show how its blocked?

Sure, I’ll try to do my best :

This is for the part I showed, but in the other side it’s the same :

kind of complicated to show you everything but I checked every walls
Again, what I don’t understand, is why it’s bleeding light while I’m at a certain distance, and nothing when I’m close to it :confused:

I might figured out why it’s bleeding… But it makes no sens. When I light the torch, I got a bleeding to the other side of the hall :confused:

Without torch :

With torch :

And I’m more than 100 meters away from the “bleeding point” :

apparently it’s not the torch >.< , it drives me crazy …

I think I’ll need to look at your project.

Would you mind sending me your project using the following link?

https://gdev.tv/projectupload

Please use File > Zip Project within Unreal as this will ensure only required files are zipped up and things like the Binaries are excluded.

And if it’s a specific room could you add a random out of place actor to it (a default cube would do) so it’s easier to locate?

Oh thank you so much ! You are a life saver !
I’m uploading the project right now :slight_smile: I’m sorry in advance for the messy configurations of my walls and floors :confused: … I tried my best to stop light bleeding.

And I know I shouldn’t have that much elements for a homework, but I didn’t realise the distance until the end of the construction (that’s why I split the main hall with a wall). You’ll see a cube where the player is supposed to start.

Thanks again for the help !

I added a box brush to the other side of that wall and it seemed to go away. Take a look at the demonstration map as to how it blocks the light; I’d suggest doing it like that.

I see, but the map here is meant to be inside. What if I want it in a “open world” ? Players are going to see this from outside ? :confused:
And I don’t see how to make a box brush either, except from copy/paste from the demonstration map

I’m pretty sure you would need to design the meshes differently in that case. If I’m not mistaken all of the wall/ceiling meshes in this pack are panes with no depth.

Ok. I don’t know from where the problem was, I had to redo all the project from the beginning to be sure.
Now it’s exactly the same than the video. I sometimes have the problem, but not as much as from the previous level I showed you.
And I think my GPU is not that much powerfull (3070 RTX - Ryzen 7700x), and I saw on a topic that a guy had a similar problem than me.
Well thanks anyway, I can follow the course from now on

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms