Lesson 140: How to keep cubes snapping with Cube Editor, but remove waypoint?

Solution Found: Place pre-fab voxel blocks and hold ctrl to use Unity’s snap function to place them. Don’t duplicate waypoint blocks.

Original Question

In Realm Rush, Lesson 140, the jump after the challenge has enemy blocks and neutral blocks placed on the grid, but they do not have waypoints.

I am unclear on how to remove the waypoints so the enemy does not pathfind them, while keeping the blocks snapping to the grid.

To be clears as well, the enemy bases placed in the video appear to not be snapped to the grid, but just placed adjacently. Is that correct?

Figured out what I think is the answer.

Instead of creating new prefabs of the original blocks, just pull the enemy and neutral block prefabs in and drag the cube editor script onto them.

This creates a different issue. I am unable to change the Y position in transform, and the blocks are 10 units to high. Changing the Y transform displays different units but they do not move in the editor. Childing them to a empty game object and changing it’s position does not move the blocks lower either.

Are the neutral blocks moving according to the original snap settings set in Unity at the beginning of the Realm Rush course, but not using the block editor?

Should I just be using the Ctrl + drag to snap the blocks in place? (Lesson 125: at 2:00).
Want to make sure I am not leaving out something or skipping something in the course I will need for later.

Hi Brent,

That’s a matter of personal preference. You can either use Ben’s snap component, or you could manually snap the blocks with the Unity snapping tools. The problem with doing things manually is that one could make a mistake or forget something. For this reason, we prefer to do certain things programmatically when other things depend on them.

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms