Latest Updates With RPG Course

I know that parts 1 and 2 are progressing in parallel.
Is part 2 updated after part 1 is updated?
Or are you updating from another course I do not know?

Welcome to the forum! I hope you keep up the posting here.

They aren’t happening in parallel, part 1 is being remastered and when that’s done we will move on to creating part 2.

2 Likes

We don’t really know. There’s still a few months of work to go I’d say. This is because we are going to include stuff like saving that wasn’t in the original course.

3 Likes

For when part 2 comes out will there be a long wait period from when part one is finished so all the lessons can be released at once? Or will you be releasing the videos as they are made similar to how part 1 is?

We plan to release videos as we make them so that folks can give us feedback as we go.

3 Likes

Yes! That’s what I wanted to hear! This has been my favourite online course I have taken, and I really love the enthusiasm you put in Rick. Keep it up

1 Like

Well I’m literally eating the course, so hope for new material come out soon :smiley:

1 Like

Suggestion - It would be good to take more time to explain Interface. To me it seems that that section of the RPG course unsuccessfully tries to explain interfaces, but then is rushed and seems to be a "do this, then this, now do this, and if you are unlucky you just might miss this change " (like when Sam changed 2 lines of Monobehaiour to IAction while talking in a way that one could quite easily miss the second line that had to change).

Hope this feedback helps - you guys are doing a great job.

2 Likes

Hope part 2 come out soon. And thank you for keep doing this course.
Best Regards.

2 Likes

Loving the course !!!
Eating it up.
Hope new videos come soon

1 Like

Been waiting forever for the new content, when is it coming out?

1 Like

I think this course is really good for someone who’s intermediate. I bet it will be awesome and we’ll learn a lot more. I think it was a wise choice to split this RPG course into multiple parts and right now I can’t wait to get the Part 2 of this course because I’m really interested in the inventory systems and the quest system, plus I can’t wait to see what else you’ll be showing us in that part :smiley:.

Cheers.

4 Likes

I am not finished with all of the new content yet, I just finished section 7, but am really looking forward to the things announced for Part 2 (Questing, Inventory, and Dialog are my main points of high anticipation), and am a bit disappointed to realize that I will probably reach the end of the new content in Part 1 before Part 2 starts being released.

Do you guys have a new estimate as to when you will be starting to publish Part 2?

1 Like

Sam has been feverishly prototyping the next part of the course and hopes to start creating content for it within the next month or two.

4 Likes

So your saying Sam is frame rate dependant? meaning his progress is * Time.deltaTime in his Update method? Silly humans lol jk Good Work GameDev steady as she goes or something like that.

1 Like

Are you guys going to cover abilities and skills in part 1?

Any updates now that we’re here in October?

Yep, we’re hard at work on the prototype for the next part of the course. I’d love to promise it earlier but realistically its going to be a couple of months before we publish videos for this next part of the series.

3 Likes

Hello friends,

I just got through the last section of the updated content. It was an awesome journey, but there’s something i’m missing - have there been thoughts on an abilities/spells section, or should i go over the one in the older content for this feature?

Best regards,
Svetlin

can you include skill tree making in course part 2 plz? that would be awesome

Privacy & Terms