Laser Defender theme - Micro-Cure

The user trailinglight had a very similar idea to mine!

Since some time ago I had this idea of a team of doctors/engineers/whatnot that can make this possible: shrink (Antman style) a pilot and a “space battle ship” small enough to go through the human body to fight illnesses! I’ll use this course’s section to theme it to this, but the final game idea goes beyond the things that we will do here. The main idea of the game is that you will go through stages, which are parts of the body, going near organs fighting things such as bacteria, common flu, or even cancer! In a way for cure researches. Heck even just dropping our player into a blood sample to find things, or other species, like animals or plants!

Here is the game design part of the GDD. Everything else would be the same thing except for the theme:

• Premise:
    “Venture into the microscopic world of microorganisms in the style of arcade space shooter games fighting bacteria and defense systems of our own body and other species! Discover illness patterns and fight boss microorganisms ranging from common flu to more lethal illnesses such as cancer!”
  • Theme: Space Shooter at microscopic level
  • Player Experience: Sci-Fi Adventure
  • Core Mechanic: Shoot enemies/Dodge bullets
  • Game Loop: Single level with endless enemy waves, shoot enemies for points until health reaches zero and game ends.

For the art assets, I’ll ask my brother which is an artist to provide some of the sprites for the game. I hope to finish and publish this game some day!

Privacy & Terms