Kinematic Body Type has errors

Rick mentioned that there are 2 ways for the lasers not to fall down from gravity pull… one is to leave the Rigidbody2D component of the laser Prefab’s Body Type as Dynamic, but set Gravity Scale to 0 (instead of the default 1). Another method is to set Body Type to Kinematic.

I followed the first method. Then decided to have a different picture for the laser. I dropped in a new prefab for the laser and decided to toy around with Body Type set to Kinematic. It works without the pull of gravity… but I get this error message:
“Should not be capturing when there is a hotcontrol UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)”

Maybe there’s something else I need to set? What is it?
[If I set the Body Type to Dynamic and Gravity Scale to 0, that error goes away. So it’s something to do with Kinematic setting]

I am using the latest LTS of Unity 2020.3.181f1

Hi Andes,

I pasted the error message into my preferred search engine, and it seems that the error is caused by a bug in Unity. See this thread.

Did you get any problem in your game or is the problem only the error message?

Yes I saw that discussion thread too. But I thought the hotcontrol error just needed some parameters to reign in the object and I didn’t know what it would be.

Now I have moved to the part of the course on coroutines, and setting up the start and stop of the coroutine for continuous fire somehow made the hotcontrol error go away even when I set Body Type to Kinematic.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms