Issue with Initial Build for Obstacle Assault UE5

Hey. I followed the steps as best as possible. Im on the part where we do our first Build of Obstacle Assault.

I go to terminal and run the build command from the video, but get this error:

Any idea how to fix?

Using bundled DotNet SDK
Log file: C:\Users\rlifs\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
ERROR: Unhandled exception: Dependency file "C:\Users\rlifs\Documents\Unreal Projects\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\ObstacleAssault\MovingPlatform.cpp.json" version ("1.2") is not supported version
The terminal process "C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ObstacleAssaultEditor Win64 Development 'C:\Users\rlifs\Documents\Unreal Projects\ObstacleAssault\ObstacleAssault.uproject' -waitmutex" terminated with exit code: 1.
* Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

And if you go into the file it mentions, MovingPlatform.cpp.json, and change the version to 1.1?

Hey Dan.

OK so that worked for the live coding portion. It did make me go to a bunch of files and I pretty much just changed them all to 1.1. Is that ok?

Anything else I need to do? Thats for the help, I am very excited to continue the course!

That should be it until Epic release a hotfix.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms