Is there anyway to change Default colors?

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have just recently started the Unity 3D course and have noticed that within the videos and looking at other student submissions, the 3D objects they are creating in their scenes are a different colour to mine?

When I import 3D objects, they are a bright white colour, and it is really difficult to differentiate certain shapes from others and see any details etc. I know this won’t really become an issue once we start applying custom materials, but I was really hoping I could make the viewport easier to work with when it’s at default.

Any ideas?

Here’s an image of what I see to hopefully make things a bit more clear.

Opposed to what the course content shows:

Screenshot 2021-03-25 104010

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

The default material colour is white. I assume Unity generated the lighting in your case while Rick’s Unity did not. Go to Window > Rendering > Lighting Settings and disable “auto-generate lighting”. If you do that, make sure to click the “Generate Lighting” button when you change the lighting in your scene.

If you want to change the colour of your meshes, you could create a material in your Assets folder. Give that material a colour, then drag and drop that material onto your mesh. Done.

Did this help?

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms