Introduce Yourself - Which Video Game Have You Played The Most In Your Life?

Welcome Peter,

I did the 3D course first which was great so I am trying to work through the 2D course on the side in case I missed something important.

However I have found the challenge club really pushes you along.

Hi, I’m Matt.
The games I’ve probably spent most time playing are
GTA 3
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
MAG
and finally Pinball Arcade (and Pinball FX)

On mobile it has to be Pokémon Go followed by Knighthood.

2 Likes

I started as a IBM mainframe programmer using COBOL and some RPG mostly for business type applications. I’ve also used IBM mainframe assembler. While at IBM I used an internal language called PLAS (PL/I like). Most recently I’ve numerous scripting languages include PERL. My current job is using a language internal to my company for developing programs that control and monitor tools for manufacturing semiconductors. In recent years I’ve been messing around with Unity and Godot on my on time.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Drai!
I used to keep track of my hours on games using Raptr, that got me well into 4 digits on my top played game :
The Lord Of The Rings Online
Minecraft - Mods just make it infinitely replayable, I’m sure many of you agree haha!
Grim Dawn

Looking forward to getting my teeth into some challenges, I would say I’m at a comfortable level with Unity and C# right now.

3 Likes

Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you all! This whole challenge club thing seems pretty darn cool. Oh, and name is Jaydon! The most recent games I have been playing are:

• Insurgency: Sandstorm
  • Halo Master: Chief Collection
  • Rimworld
3 Likes

I tend to play a lot of different game genres. I like the following:

Rpg’s (Bard’s Tale ,Wizardy, Diablo, all The D&D stuff, Everquest, WoW, ect
Strategy games (Age of emprire, panzer corps, all WWII strat games HOI4 ect
Survival games ( 7 days to die my most played game on Steam by far)

Been playing around with computers and programming for many years as a hobby since I got my first C-64 back in 84’ I have almost all of Gamedev;s courses . I thought be a nice to work on a challenge or 2 since I love the problem solving aspect of programming.

Auggie

2 Likes

Nice to meet another blobber player, Wizardry is fantastic - I’m glad that genre is seeing some more light in the recent years

2 Likes

My name is Mike. I write C# for work and have been using Unity3d off and on for ~5 years.

The games I’ve played most is

• World of Warcraft (have not played in a few years)
  • The Binding of Isaac, Risk of Rain 2
  • Space Engineers
  • 7 Days to Die, ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Path of Exile

I list so many because I tend to bounce around genres every few months. I really like roguelites, ARPGs, and survival games

2 Likes

Hi Grff,

Which quest are you going to tackle first?

Kurt

1 Like

Jaydon,

You bet its cool!

I loved Halo!

Which quest do you like the look of?

Kurt

1 Like

Auggie,
C64, the Speccy was better (or thats how the argument used to go).

I too have pretty much all of the Gamedev courses, love them!

Kurt

1 Like

Hi all, I’m Virgel

I haven’t dedicated a lot of time to games but in the past I’ve enjoyed…

• from the Age of Atari (early 1980s)
    Pacman, Asteroid, Donkey Kong, and Battle Tank? (I think that was the name but I’m not really sure)

• from the Age of Commodore (late 1980s & early 1990s
    – AH 64 Apachi, Final Fantasy (don’t remember which it was), and Curse of the Azure Bonds

• from the age of Consoles (mid 1990s)
    Sonic, Super Mario Bros., and Zelda

• from the Age of the PC
    Starfleet Command, Starfleet Command II, Civilization II, Birth of the Federation, many match 3 games, Battlestar Galactica Online, and Seaport

1 Like

Hi Mike,
You have pretty much listed a load of games I have not played other than WOW. I might have to work through your list!

Kurt

Hi Virgel,

I still love those old (retro) games, Pacman, Asteroids etc

Have you written anything in Unity yet?

Kurt

just a couple of things, Rocket Maze (from the 3D course) is the only one I’ve published [edit: I think I put this out through sharemygame]. Working on an Idle Clicker clone of Idle Miner Tycoon and an RPG based on the RPG courses.

Correction
I’ve also published my version of the Terminal Hacker game from Complete Unit 2D (it’s still out on simmer.io

I had a little play with the jumpy jumpy and whack-a-mole quests but currently I’m getting really involved with the endless runner, I’m especially interested in putting procedural generation into practise as it’s something I want to use in my game down the line.

Thanks for asking!

1 Like

I absolutely love procedural generation, its good fun, cant wait to see what you come up with.

Kurt

Hello everybody!

I’m Dominik. Working full-time as the guy which needs to handle the hosting, servers, DevOps, and frontend and backend programming for websites.

GameDev is some sort of hobby - I also have some gamedev.tv courses on udemy.

My goal is to make and publish at least one game.

Well, what Game did i play the most in my Life?
I would say the Disgaea Series, a lot beat em up and RTS.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Chris. I’ve dabbled a little in going through some of the gamedevtv Unity Courses, but really excited about Challenge Club.

I’ve just spent the last few days going through all the tasks of the DoubleDoors Challenge and looking to make maybe a couple of levels before moving onto the next challenge. Here’s a short clip of my project ‘ReuKnighted’ for what it’s worth :slight_smile:

ReuKnighted (Working title)

As for games I’ve played the most in my life, I grew up playing the marios and sonics of the 90’s before moving onto longer titles such as the Final Fantasy series. I then got sucked into WoW for a big portion of time, before playing MarioKart Wii and WiiU with my partner and friends for years. Nowadays I try to play games but I dont have as much free time as I’d like, although one game that perhaps surprisingly my partner and me have spent many many hours playing is Spelunky. We’re both rubbish at the game, but we just have fun trying to progress and not kill each other, and because of the procedural generation of the levels, can gain a new experience each playthrough…

…and I guess on that note, I am most looking forward to the challenges that I have seen that involve procedural generation. I would love to be able to get a good understanding of how and when to implement it in my projects.

1 Like

Hi Rick
The to three games I have played the most are

Blazblue Central Fiction
Devil may Cry 5 (and the series)
Enter the gungeon

1 Like

Privacy & Terms