Intellisense not working Visual Studio Code C# Unity

I’ve been dabbling with learning game dev for over a year and I have never once seen intellisense work for me in the way that I see it work for literally every Unity dev tutorial video I’ve seen out there.

Why is “transform” not appearing as a suggestion here?
Screenshot 2022-03-30 213845

I’ve followed guides all over the web including here, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the extensions and VS Code itself multiple times, and I’ve even reset my computer at one point during this time. I have no other extensions installed that could be screwing with it. I have looked at settings.json and I don’t see anything that would tell it not to populate suggestions.It has nothing to do with the app being up to date and it is not an issue caused by some recent update. It’s been like this for over a year. I had decided to just deal with it but it’s driving me too crazy!

I’d appreciate any help at all.

I have the same thing.

Hi SurprisingSnake,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Please follow the instruction on this website and make sure all required extensions are installed: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/other/unity

If the issue persists, please check the console of VS Code (not Unity!). If the .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack) is mentioned there, download and install it from the official Microsoft. Here is the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net471

Depending on your version of Unity, it might be that you will have to install the “Visual Studio Code Editor” package in Window > Package Manager in Unity.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + P in VS Code.
  2. Type “OmniSharp: Select Project” and press Return.
  3. Select the solution workspace entry.

Maybe you’ll have to reboot your computer. Then launch Unity again and open one of your scripts.

See also:

Thank you, Nina
It looks like the problem was the .NET Framework was not up to date. It is working after completing that step!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms