Integrating FMOD into my RPG - A Devlog of Sound Design

Implemented FMOD in my RPG prototype. Needs a bit of mixing yet and missing things like footsteps and interactive music, but I think I have a good start here…

Footsteps with FMOD. Using code to detect the textures characters are over and changing parameters in FMOD to change the sound their footfalls make.

Quick vid showing the stone and wood being detected in C# and changing parameters in FMOD. Will have to tighten it up some as there was a grass hit a bit too early coming off the bridge, but it’s a solid start.

Finally put some water sound for that runoff and a little friend to live on those lily pads under the bridge. Off in the distance is the roar of the waterfall with some custom spatialization in FMOD.

Nicely done!! Pretty soon it’s going to be us asking you questions

3 Likes

Finally worked out the bug between my code and FMOD that kept Fireballs playing forever, and we have our first glimpse of a Troll

Added a peaceful Load in Screen. Getting some menu functionality in so the Prototype is playable with a standalone build.

2 Likes

Using vector math in code, I create dynamically adjusting projectile combat sounds from an Archer attack in FMOD.

2 Likes

Finally started on coding the systems in Unity for interactive music in FMOD. Right now the music changes when you start combat or when you take damage, and changes back when out of combat.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms