Results of Part 1 of the Course!

Took me something like a full month to finally complete this part of the course, but the results are amazing! I really can’t wait to follow the next ones!

This is a video of the full game

9 Likes

Well done, good luck with the next part of the series!

Well done! Looking forward to seeing you in the next course!

Thank you! But before proceeding, are we going to implement a footstep sound system later on or should I do it on my own right now?

We don’t implement it in the series, but everything you need to implement it has been taught in one form or another in this course (Animation Events, Audio Sources, etc)

Yes, except for one thing. If I want to use different sound based on the surface, what should I do? I was thinking about of an array of texture 2d, each one with an array of audio clips, and then raytrace the ground below the player and compare the texture on that point witch each texture on the texture2d array, and play a random audio clip from the corresponding array with a random volume and a random pitch. The problem is that while walking, this event would be called like 2 times for each step, and I am worried about how much it would impact on the game’s performance

As they’d only be called when the footdown event occurred, it’s likely not much of an issue.

Someone here in the forums created that kind of sound you want using FMOD, here’s the link to that thread.

Privacy & Terms