InputSystem doesnt work - Ball Launcher project

Following along the course, i’m at part 12, 1:40. Adding “using UnityEngine.InputSystem;”.

Thing is that it doesn’t work. the InputSystem isn’t suggested or won’t work if typed manually. Seems like somethings is missing. Been following every step of the course. Any ideas?

Seems like the code works after all. Its just that nothing get suggested while typing code. Problem with extension?

Hi oxiris,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

If the code works but Visual Studio Code(?) does not seem to recognise the code, the issue is very likely only in VS Code.

Please follow the instruction on this website and make sure all required extensions are installed.

Then check the console in VS Code. If the .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack) is mentioned there, download it from the official Microsoft website and install it. Here is the link:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net471
Maybe you’ll have to reboot your computer. Then launch Unity again and open one of your scripts.

Did this help you fix the problem?

See also:

1 Like

Thanks Nina :slight_smile:
As Nina has said if the code works it means that the extensions should be installed.
You can try regenerating the project files and see if that helps or it could be you need to press Control Shift and P and then selecting Omnisharp at the top of the window and make sure you select the correct option that pops up in the project.

Offhand its not the csproj one its the other one!

Hope this helps

Thank you for your reply. I realize my post was a little bit unclear.

Yes the code executes within Unity, so the issue seems rather be within VS Code.
Code completion doesn’t work. Added the extensions mentioned in the course, installed the .Net framework you mention. Followed instructions on the Visual Studio Code and Unity

Did jump to the second project to get a fresh start. But the code completion doesn’t work. So still something with VS Code not recognice Unity. On the picture you see my VS Code to the left, and the video on the right. Just to illustrate what i mean :slight_smile:

Maybe uninstall it all and reinstall.

Is the Visual Studio Code Editor package installed in Window > Package Manager in Unity?

If so, you could try to click on “Regenerate Project Files” in Edit > Preferences > External Tools. Also see here. That should also work for VS Code.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms