Implement Visual Feedback To Players When Shooting

To be honest, I wasn’t entirely happy with the look of my muzzle flash. Hopefully others have come up with something that looks better. So, show us what you got!

1 Like

My first try.

Still not sure what my theme is… so when in doubt, make a cat! This one is a pyro.

Firepaws

1 Like

For some reason my muzzle flash seems to instantiate slightly above the targetting reticle, anyone got any idea what might be causing this?

Hi @Josef_Hoffert. Have you tried opening your weapon prefab and checking where your muzzle flash transform is? Perhaps it’s offset.

I’m going for a fantasy theme, so for the weapon I found what the creator calls Staff of Pain. I made it so you click and hold to charge it and release to attack. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I looked at the staff and I loved it!

Since this is sort of like a fantasy game it’s apparenthttps://sjc1.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/gamedev/original/3X/3/c/3c9cefcf6a3348a9af75abcf873d1c55e31b94a1.mp4 a staff need a little poof

My take

I’m at this point and I can’t get my particles to show up. They are being instantiated and destroyed but I get no particle effects shown in game mode. It works fine if I follow the video to make this process, but I was trying to create my own especially since I felt the fireball effect should be on the muzzle flash more so then the bullet collision. This is just a single particle effect that I created and was wondering if there was a reason this would happen?

Sorry, I miswrote. What I meant was that my muzzle flash is instantiating, but the hitEffect is instantiated slightly above the targetting reticle!