Implement Visual Feedback To Players When Shooting

Shooting zombies!
http://devlog.merlinsbeard.net/2020/10/22/bullet-impact-effects/

For reasons that are not clear to me, the entire screen flickers (very badly) when I shoot in particular areas of the sandbox. I’m not able to discern a pattern, there just seem to be various places where the entire scenery disappears for a single frame (perhaps). Any idea what might be causing this? I haven’t deviated from the video - using all the same assets and code.

Never mind - I worked out what it was - the giant fireball particle system only lasting a fraction of a second. Although when I make it tiny, it still makes the entire screen flicker. Weird.

Mine doesn’t look as good as others and my hit effect is just a slightly modified particle effect from it. I’m just a 12 year old that wants to make games and is learning

1 Like

Not super happy with it, but it’s good enough as a placeholder for now. I was trying to model it after Tarkov’s, but I think it uses way more advanced meshes.

I used this tutorial if anyone is curious:

Protip for converting your project to HDRP: after you install it and convert everything, make a new project with HDRP (it’s in the 2D/3D dropdown in the Unity hub) and copy over the various volumes. Otherwise the lighting you already set up is going to look absolutely insane.

1 Like

It’s pretty simple but it looks nice

For some reason, I can’t seem to get my hiteffect gameobject to play particle effect on raycast hit.

Shooting FX

I just have to figure out how explaine to people that a farm tool can shoot ^^’’

I love what I came up with. It look so realistic. Proud of my self :yum:

Its not often I play around with the particle system.
I made a flamethrower-like particle system that is bright and colorful which I intend to use for a Fantasy Fps. I may add collision to the particles to damage enemies later.

Open criticism is welcome

Privacy & Terms