I need an advice

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘random shades’. I need to see a screen dump. Use Blender main menu > Window > save screen shot.

• If you have double faces on the same spot, which can happen easily. Then they will ‘fight’ for visibility and showing strange artifacts. In edit mode select all vertices and try ‘merge by distance’(right mouse click).
  • If you render in Eevee also things like ‘light bleed’ can happen.
  • If you render in Cycles it can happen that cycles needs more vertices (faces) to solve the smoothing of objects.

Maybe this will help?

1 Like

изображение
изображение
here for example my old model, in my last attempt to create the rifle I also got random horizontal shades on the stock, although I had small amout of faces that time

1 Like

in edit mode select ALL faces.
Then press shift n to normalize the face normals …

1 Like

Also (I can’t see) check inner mesh on that spot. It can happen you’ve an inner face inside that spot.
Use X-Ray mode to see if it is there. Or still check for vertex doeubles.

2 Likes

Oh, it really had a face inside lol, idk how it appeared but now shades are gone, thanks

2 Likes

Hey, It’s me again with another question :)) So I was doing another gun model and got some weird situation with bevels and the shadows they caused. Is it because of bad topology?

Not sure how can I make it properly, shift n doesn’t help…

Hopefully someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m guessing it’s because of your n-gon. If you used the knife tool and made edges like this, it might fix it:

1 Like

Sadly no, it doesn’t fix it

1 Like

Yes topology.
Right idea Zach.

Remove red edges, add blue.

1 Like

It got better, but still there are weird shadows :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A matter of how much more geometry you want to have for the area it is in. You could take the side two faces that join onto the bad shaped quad through it and up the left hand side. You might get away with selecting those new quads and making them shade flat. Edit; face, shade flat.

1 Like

put an edge loop… GG (Edge Slide) - Drag to wards the corner that is getting sharp.

• Do you have inner faces?
  • Have you checked for double (vertices)?
2 Likes

No, I don’t have any, noticed only couple of double edges, but deleting them changed nothing

can you upload your file somewhere, so that people can look for the possible solutions?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11yz7cdzLq8Eypr7BgWT-eGT_qbkTfVlb/view?usp=sharing
here is the blend file, I hope this works

You have not applied any modifier? or is it missing on the file I opened?

This is an extremally bad geometry. Have a look

A reworking is a better option!

1 Like

on the object that I showed here, no, there are not any modifiers. I have other model in the same file hidden with subdivision modifier but I was just practicing you know xD

Yeah, this is another issue that I got from bevel tool, I wanted to make those edge loops down to the bottom, but then saw shadow thing that I was talking about at the bottom, so yeah

Privacy & Terms